Saturday, December 5, 2009

Dickens Fair!

A great day at the Dickens' Fair. I was again seated next to my new friend, Harvey, and his beautiful woodwork. I got there with only a few minutes to spare this morning but was able to set up in time for the show to start at ten am.




As the show went on I tweaked my display, using the risers that Harvey gave me to bring the penguins up closer to eye level.





My first visitors were my father-in-law and his wife. Then my mother-in-law's husband showed up for a visit. Then I got another visitor, my sister-in-law and her step daughter, pictured. While the girls were visiting my mother-in-law showed up. Can you keep track? Funny enough, both my mother-in-law and father-in-law won door prizes!



While I was at the fair I met a woman from Friday Harbour. Turns out she knows the woman who was my childhood babysitter in Illinois! Small world!

There were tons of great crafts to be seen. Sadly, I did not get to see any of them. That's the problem with being a vendor at a craft show, not seeing the other products! I was able to get away for only a moment to purchase some Scottish shortbread and a loaf of bread braided with cheese and garlic!

Been a long day and Irwin has decided to snuggle. Enjoy the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment