Sunday, March 27, 2011

I also like to make wearable things!

I rarely am inspired to sew. My lovely sewing machine has made three curtain panels, a pillow cover and one incomplete apron. Poor thing.

With life comes inspiration! Now that my bestie has had her first baby, I am inspired to support her with some wearable and usable gifts. I think even the best intentioned gift can be frustrating when it just sits. I like things that have use if they are going to be any bigger than a book!

One of the books we bonded over was about motherhood. We've talked at length about our hopes and wishes for our children and how we want to raise them. We discussed this knowing full well that one can never know what to expect when your expecting, but we sure loved reading about it.

One ideal we agree on? Cloth diapers! What is an easy craft to make? Anything baby! Durability over cuteness! Diaper covers!

I'll start with the simpler patterns, and I'd like to work my way up to a stuffed animal. We'll see if this works out.

Keep Crafty!

No comments:

Post a Comment