Friday, March 18, 2011

Slackin' Off

I'll be honest... I'm tuckered out!

When I get home from work I'm too tired to clean up the craft room, and, really, even if it were clean, in these cold months I have no desire to be in there. When my husband and I are home together, I want to be home with him, not isolated in my wee room.

Now that the season is turning to something more pleasant, I hope to have some new work for you to enjoy.

I'd like to get work done on my scrapbooks. I hate having piles of photos and memorabilia in boxes. Why keep it if you don't enjoy it?

I'd like to try my hand at some illustration work and some stuffed animal work. My sewing skills are poor, but my vision is sharp. I'd like to foray into designing stationery using my illustrations.

I'd like to try to write a book, a picture book. I'd like to arrange my sculptures in a meaningful way using local history, and use my critters to tell the stories.

I'd like to get my owls on the "My Owl Barn" blog.

I'd like to get my stuff together and sell it at the Moss Street Market this summer. I won't show weekly since I like my weekends with my husband (we're not really newlyweds, we just really like each other!) and the tent cost would eat away at any earnings.

I'd like to get my Etsy shop set up and moving.

I'd like to create two new lines of Schnik that have the profits going to charities. One line for tsunami relief in Japan and another line to support the local animal charities.

And then there is the one thing that I love above all other crafts... being a singer. I'd like to try to have a cabaret show.

These first three are already in process, and the last one, well, I'll start work on that this April.

Let's warm up and keep crafty!

-LT

No comments:

Post a Comment